Fiscal Year 2021-22 Budget
All elements on this page will be updated as soon as the materials and information are available.
Budget Development Process
There are 3 ways to get involved:
1. Please share your thoughts and rate those of others on the CVSD Budget Thoughtexchange by October 23.
2. Join the Virtual CVSD Community Budget Forum on October 27 at 6:00 pm. to discuss what you value most in our schools.
Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 6:00pm
Online via Zoom
Discuss what you value most in our schools
Gain an understanding of our budget process
Engage with school principals
We will start all together in one Zoom meeting for the overview and then divide up by school into separate Zoom meetings. The links to the separate school meetings will be posted on the district website and all school websites that day.
Topic: CVSD Community Budget Forum
Time: October 27, 2020, 06:00 PM
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 922 1827 1427
Passcode: CVSDbudget (password is required to join)
3. You are invited to attend all future budget meetings.
Fiscal Year 2021-2022 Budget Development Meeting Schedule
- December 1, 2020
- topic: Special Education
- December 15, 2020
- topic: Instructional Program
- January 5, 2021
- topic: Operations and Maintenance
- January 19, 2021
- topic: Summary & Tax Implications
All events take place at 6:00 pm unless otherwise noted and will be streamed live thanks to RETN at The Media Factory. The Zoom link to join the meetings will be available on meeting agendas, published the week prior to each meeting.
All of the information below represents materials and presentation for the 2020-2021 budget process. We will update this with materials for the 2021-2022 budget process as they become available.
CVSD Annual Meeting: Monday, March 2, 2020
CVU Room 160, 5:00 pm
FY 21 Budget Presentations
- Shelburne Selectboard, 1/14/2020
- St. George All Board Meeting, 1/15/2020
- Shelburne/Charlotte/Hinesburg Rotary, 2/5/2020, 7:30 am
- Shelburne PTO, Feb. 11, 2020, 6 pm
- Williston FAP, Feb. 13, 2020
- Wake Robin, Shelburne, Feb. 13, 2020 7:30 pm
- Hinesburg Selectboard, Feb. 19, 2020
- Williston Rotary (TBD)
March 2, 2020 Town Meetings in all towns
CVSD Annual meeting: Monday, March 2, 2020, CVU Room 160, 5:00 pm
2020-2021 Budget Documents
Resources to Understand the Budget
How is my education tax rate calculated?
Video Series: Budget Process and Information
- Board Budget Video 1: Finance Committee Chair, Brendan McMahon kicks off the video series. Posted 11/8/19
- Board Budget Video 2: Jeanne Jensen and Elaine Pinckney explain the budgeting process. Posted on 11/14/19
- Board Budget Video 3: Meagan Roy shares about the Special Education budget. Posted on 11/20/19
- Board Budget Video 4: Jeff Evans explains Vermont's Education Quality Standards. Posted on 12/6/19
- Board Budget Video 5: The Finance Committee prepares for the Dec. 17th Board meeting about Operations and Management. Posted on 12/16/19
- Board Budget Video 6: Jeanne Jensen shares an update about the finalized budget and the tax impact. Posted on 1/11/2020.