CVSD Budget Page
CVSD Informational Meeting – Monday, February 28, 2022 – 5:00 pm
Hybrid Meeting: Physical Location: CVSD Central Office Conference Room, Shelburne, VT; Virtual: Zoom Meeting
https://cvsdvt-org.zoom.us/j/88634652241 - Meeting ID: 886 3465 2241 - Passcode: cvsd11
Phone Participation: 1-646-876-9923 - Passcode: 854788
Town Meeting Day, Tuesday, March 1, 2022
You may either vote in person in your town on March 1, or contact your Town Clerk to request an absentee ballot ahead of time.
You may also go to https://mvp.vermont.gov/ to arrange for a ballot.
Ballots will not be mailed unless you request them.
FY23 Budget Development Process
We invite all members of the CVSD community to join us in developing the proposed budget that will be presented to voters on Town Meeting Day, March 1, 2022.
There are at least 3 ways to get involved:
1. Please share your thoughts and rate those of others on the CVSD Budget Thoughtexhange (Open October 14-31, 2021)
Here's a small collection of slides that summarize the top thoughts.
2. Join the Virtual CVSD Community Budget Forum on October 27, 2021 at 7:00 pm.
3. You are invited to attend all future budget meetings. (and of course, ALL Board meetings!)
2022-2023 Budget Development Meeting Schedule
- November 16, 2021
- topic: Special Education
- December 7, 2021
- topic: Instructional Program
- December 14, 2021
- topic: Operations and Maintenance
- January 4, 2022
- topic: Revenue and Tax Implications
- January 18, 2022
- Final Approval and Warnings
All events take place at 6:00 pm unless otherwise noted and will be streamed live thanks to The Media Factory. (https://www.mediafactory.org/
The Zoom link to join the meetings will be available on meeting agendas and the website calendar, published prior to each meeting.
- November 16, 2021
Video Series: Budget Process and Information
We will add new videos to this series as they become available.
CVSD's Board Chair, Angela Arsenault, provided this introduction to kick off an updated series of videos pertaining to the budget development process.
- An overview of the budget development process, featuring Superintendent Rene Sanchez and CVSD's COO, Jeanne Jensen.
- What is ESSER? with CVSD's Director of Learning and Innovation, Jeff Evans
- Special Education funding model and budgeting described by CVSD's Director of Student Support Services, Meagan Roy
- Education Quality Standards, described by CVSD's Director of Learning and Innovation, Jeff Evans
- Learn about the Operations and Maintenance parts of the budget from CVSD's COO, Jeanne Jensen
Upcoming Budget Presentations, 2022
(more information will be posted here when available)
January 11, Shelburne Selectboard
February 3, Williston Rotary
February 8, Shelburne PTO
February 14, Charlotte Selectboard
February 23, Shelburne/Charlotte/Hinesburg Rotary
Everything below this will be updated to reflect work on the proposed 2022-2023 Budget as soon as it is available.
Resources to Understand the Budget
How is my education tax rate calculated?