CVSD Budget Page
CVSD Annual Informational Meeting – Monday, March 4, 2024 CVU
Town Meeting Day, Tuesday, March 5, 2025
FY25 (School Year 2024-2025)
FY= Fiscal Year The CVSD Budget year begins July 1 and ends June 30.
FY25 Budget Development Process
All members of the CVSD community were welcome to join us in developing the proposed budget that will be presented to voters before and on Town Meeting Day, March 5, 2024.
Budget Development Meeting Schedule
- November 28, 2023
- topic: Special Education
- December 5, 2023
- topic: Instructional Program
- December 19, 2023
- topic: Operations and Maintenance
- January 9, 2024
- topic: Revenue and Tax Implications
- January 23, 2024
- Final Approval and Warnings
Recordings of the meetings are available on the Media Factory's website and on the School Board's Meetings, Agendas, and Minutes page.
- November 28, 2023
The resources below were developed and shared for the FY24 budget (2023-2024) and will be updated for FY25 when the materials are available.
The video below was recorded live on February 13, 2023
Budget Presentations in the Community
- February 1, Shelburne/Charlotte/Hinesburg Rotary
- February 7, Shelburne PTO
- February 7, Hinesburg PIE
- February 9, Williston FAP
- February 13, CCTV & Town Meeting TV (or see video above)
- February 13, Charlotte Selectboard
- February 16, St. George All Board Meeting
- March 1, Hinesburg Selectboard
- March 6, Shelburne Town Meeting
- March 6, Williston Town Meeting
Video Series: Budget Process and Information
New videos for FY24!
CVSD's Board Chair, Angela Arsenault, provided this introduction to kick off an updated series of videos pertaining to the budget development process.
- An overview of the budget development process, featuring Superintendent Rene Sanchez and CVSD's COO, Gary Marckres
- Special Education Budgeting, described by CVSD's Director of Student Support Services, Anna Couperthwait
- Education Quality Standards, described by CVSD's Director of Learning and Innovation, Sarah Crum
- Learn about Operations and Maintenance from CVSD's COO, Gary Marckres
Resources to Understand the Budget
How is my education tax rate calculated?