CVSD Nutrition Services

  • Cash Benefit Card Coming to Families This Summer

    As we shared in our May 1 communication, all students in our schools will be receiving the Summer P-EBT benefit of $120 which can be spent on food at the grocery store, farmers markets, and some convenience stores and online retailers.

    • If your family has previously received a P-EBT benefit or receives 3SquaresVT, the summer benefit will be added to your existing card in late July or early August. If you have lost or thrown away your card, please call 1‐800‐479‐6151, option 7 for a replacement card.

    • If you have never received a P-EBT benefit for any children in your household, you will be mailed a new card in late July or early August. You will be mailed instructions for activating the new card in a separate letter. These instructions include a 9-digit number that you will need to use instead of your social security number when you activate the card or when you call the call center. It is not a real social security number. To activate the card, enter the last four digits of the number in the letter when you are asked for the last four digits of your social security number. You will also need to enter the date of birth of your oldest child listed in the letter using 8 digits in a MM/DD/YYYY format. Please look for the letter in the mail and do not throw it away. Both the card and the letter will be mailed by the Vermont Department of Children and Families.

    If your address changes over the summer, please call 1‐800‐479‐6151, option 7 to update your address.

    All students in our schools are entitled to receive this benefit. If you do not wish to use your benefit to buy food for your own family, we encourage you to use it to buy food for a local food pantry. Benefits that are not used will be sent back to the federal government. You may not give your card to anyone else, but you may buy food for others with the card.

    If you have more questions about P-EBT, please visit the P-EBT website.

  • Free and Reduced Meal Applications

    Even though all meals will be free this year to all students it is very important to fill out an application for free and reduced meal benefits if you feel you may qualify. These 2022-2023 Income Eligibility Requirements may help inform you. 
    There are many benefits to families including P-EBT funds that are tied directly to the applications. Our school district is also able to provide many services that are funded by grants tied to these applications. You are welcome to learn more about how we all benefit when folks fill out the form. There are links on the left side of this page to easily fill out a form, to either print it or fill it out online. 
    If you have any comments, suggestions, or menu ideas/recipes please consider filling out our FEEDBACK FORM or contact your local Food Service Director.
    This institution is an equal-opportunity provider.
  • Special Dietary Requirements

    As always, we work hard to make reasonable accommodations for special dietary requirements. Many of these requests can be accommodated within the meal pattern guidelines that we must adhere to and would not require a medical statement. However, If your student has a food allergy that requires us to make a substitution that doesn't meet the USDA Food Pattern Guidelines, then we will need a medical statement signed by a State-licensed health care professional that we must keep on file. To request a milk substitute, we will also need either a medical statement signed by a State-licensed health care professional or a signed note from the child's parent or guardian.
  • USDA Non-Discrimination Statement

    In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

    Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

    To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

    1. mail:
      U.S. Department of Agriculture
      Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
      1400 Independence Avenue, SW
      Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
    2. fax:
      (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or email:
    3. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.