Tardy or Early Dismissal: All incidents of tardiness and early dismissal must be excused by the parent or guardian, either through a note, telephone call, or email. Any child who is to be dismissed is to be met by the parent/guardian in the main office.
Absence from School: When it is necessary for your child to miss school for any reason, please call the school before 9:00 AM to report the absence. The school practice is to call home in the event of an unexplained absence in order to ensure the safety of the children.
Students arriving late need to sign in at the office to be sure they are removed from the absentee list.
Allen Brook School
8:00 am - 2:40 pm
All students arriving between 7:30 a.m. and the arrival of the first bus must remain in the cafeteria. Students not taking the bus are dismissed at 2:35 pm, all others at 2:40 pm.
Wednesday Early Dismissal:
- Students will be dismissed from school one hour earlier every Wednesday, to allow for Teacher Professional Development.
- At Allen Brook School, students not taking the bus will be released at 1:35 pm; students taking the bus will be released at 1:40.
Williston Central School
8:05 am - 3:00 pm
Student Drop-off 7:45 - 8:05
ALL 3rd-4th grade Students: west side entrance
SUMMIT & STERLING: west side, after hours entrance (near cafeteria)
SWIFT, CLOVER, HARBOR, TREK: Town rec fields parking lot
3-4 arrivals should wait in the lobby by the west side entrance and 5th-8th grade arrivals should wait in the cafeteria.
Walkers & Bikers are welcome anytime within this window.
Notes for Student Drop Off:
- WALKING and biking, riding to school is encouraged.
- Parents must remain in vehicles for car drop-off
- Please drive attentively, slowly, and safely, following direction of school staff
- Please always yield to school buses entering or exiting
- Pull up parallel to the curb using your blinker
- For safety, all students should exit the curb side of the vehicle
Williston Central School Dismissal Procedures
2:50 - 2:55 Bus Loading and Departure
2:45 - 2:55 All 3rd-4th grade
Equinox: Front driveway near theater entrance
Mosaic and Kaleidoscope: WEST SIDE OF BUILDING, (just past the tennis court area)
3:00 - 3:10 Summit and Harbor
After hours entrance
3:00 - 3:10 Clover, Swift, Sterling and Trek
Notes for Student Pick-up:
- 5th-8th students that are being picked up with a 3rd/4th sibling can be dismissed at 2:45 pm to join their sibling at the designated pick-up area
- ALL TIMES 1 hour earlier on Wednesdays
- Central School Drive exit will be right trun only onto rte2 from 2:45 - 3:05 pm (Except for buses)