School counseling services are designed to address the developmental needs of ALL students and are integrated into the regular school program. Our goal is to work collaboratively with teachers, parents, and students to ensure that all students are able to be successful in school. Services are found in each of the components of our school counseling program: Counseling (small group and individual), Teaching (standards-based developmental lessons), Coordination, Consultation, Information Management, and Professional Development.
- Classroom Education for ALL students (CVSD Curriculum Frameworks)
- Small Group Support - Issues may include: changing families, stress, friendship, loss, assertiveness skills, confidence, teen issues, etc.
- Individual, short term counseling.
- Crisis prevention and intervention.
- Consulting with parents, teachers and administrators.
- Consulting and coordinating with other student support personnel.
- Coordinating school-wide prevention events.
- Registering and placing new students.
- Managing student records.
- Coordinating the placement and transition of students into Kindergarten, from team to team, and to Champlain Valley Union High School.
- New family tours and orientation.
- Coordinating and/or facilitating parent education workshops.
- Observing and monitoring students' social, emotional, and behavioral levels (e.g. self-esteem, attention issues, etc)
- Facilitating EST (Educational Support Team) meetings.
- Facilitating programs (CVU Big Buddy, LEAD, Homework Club).
- Maintaining collection of books for parents and students to borrow addressing many issues including anxiety, ADHD, friendship, depression, discipline, changing families, teenage years, raising girls, and raising boys.
For more information about our services, please contact your child's School Counselor.