CVSD Budget Page
CVSD Informational Meeting: Monday, March 1, 2021, 5:00pm
Town Meeting Day, Tuesday, March 2, 2021
You may either vote in person in your town on March 2, or contact your Town Clerk to request an absentee ballot ahead of time.
You may also go to https://mvp.vermont.gov/ to arrange for a ballot.
Ballots will not be mailed unless you request them.
*St. George residents - your Town Meeting date has changed, but voting on the School District's articles will still take place on or before March 2.
Upcoming Budget Presentations
(more information will be posted here when available)
Williston Town Meeting, March 1, 2021
FY22 Budget Development Process
3 ways to get involved:
1. Please share your thoughts and rate those of others on the CVSD Budget Thoughexchnge (open Oct. 14-30, 2020)
This is now closed. Here is a summary of the Thoughtexchange. Thank you to all who participated!
2. Join the Virtual CVSD Community Budget Forum on October 27, 2020 at 6:00 pm. Here's the video recording of the overview presentation.
3. You are invited to attend all future budget meetings.
Fiscal Year 2021-2022 Budget Development Meeting Schedule
- November 17, 2020
- topic: Special Education
- December 1, 2020
- topic: Instructional Program
- December 15, 2020
- topic: Operations and Maintenance
- January 5, 2021
- topic: Summary & Tax Implications
All events take place at 6:00 pm unless otherwise noted and will be streamed live thanks to The Media Factory. (https://www.mediafactory.org/
The Zoom link to join the meetings will be available on meeting agendas, published prior to each meeting.
- November 17, 2020
Resources to Understand the Budget
How is my education tax rate calculated?
Video Series: Budget Process and Information
These videos were created for the FY 21 budget cycle, however, much of the content is useful regardless of the specific budget year.
- Board Budget Video Overall Process: Jeanne Jensen and Elaine Pinckney explain the budgeting process.
- Board Budget Video Special Education: Meagan Roy shares about the Special Education budget.
- Board Budget Video Education Quality Standards: Jeff Evans explains Vermont's Education Quality Standards.