CVSD Budget Page
CVSD Annual Informational Meeting – Monday, March 4, 2024 CVU
Town Meeting Day, Tuesday, March 5, 2024
FY25 (School Year 2024-2025)
FY= Fiscal Year The CVSD Budget year begins July 1 and ends June 30.
FY25 Budget Development Process
Budget Development Meeting Schedule
All meetings begin at 6:00 and are hybrid meetings. Join in person at CVU or online.
- November 28, 2023
- topic: Special Education (slides)
- December 12, 2023
- topic: Instructional Program
- December 19, 2023
- topic: Operations and Maintenance
- January 9, 2024
- topic: Revenue and Tax Implications
- January 23, 2024
- Final Approval and Warnings
Recordings of the meetings are available on the Media Factory's website and on the School Board's Meetings, Agendas, and Minutes page.
October 25, 2023 Community Budget Forum
All members of the CVSD community were invited to join us for the Community Budget Forum on October 25. Here's the recording of that forum.
October 11, 2023 Virtual Town Hall
At this Town Hall, Superintendent Sanchez and Chief Operations Officer Gary Marckres presented some of the implications for budgeting for 2024-2025 and beyond. View the recording of the virtual town hall here.
Related Articles in the Local News
- Without state aid, school buildings suffer (The Citizen and Shelburne News, November 2, 2023)
- End of COVID-19 relief funds looms for school district (Shelburne News and The Citizen, September 7, 2023)
- November 28, 2023
The resources below were developed and shared for the FY24 budget (2023-2024) and will be updated for FY25 when the materials are available.
The video below was recorded live on February 13, 2023
Budget Presentations in the Community
- February 1, Shelburne/Charlotte/Hinesburg Rotary
- February 7, Shelburne PTO
- February 7, Hinesburg PIE
- February 9, Williston FAP
- February 13, CCTV & Town Meeting TV (or see video above)
- February 13, Charlotte Selectboard
- February 16, St. George All Board Meeting
- March 1, Hinesburg Selectboard
- March 6, Shelburne Town Meeting
- March 6, Williston Town Meeting
Video Series: Budget Process and Information
New videos for FY24!
CVSD's Board Chair, Angela Arsenault, provided this introduction to kick off an updated series of videos pertaining to the budget development process.
- An overview of the budget development process, featuring Superintendent Rene Sanchez and CVSD's COO, Gary Marckres
- Special Education Budgeting, described by CVSD's Director of Student Support Services, Anna Couperthwait
- Education Quality Standards, described by CVSD's Director of Learning and Innovation, Sarah Crum
- Learn about Operations and Maintenance from CVSD's COO, Gary Marckres
Resources to Understand the Budget
How is my education tax rate calculated?