The CVSD Help Desk will remain in operation to support the use of the technology. Any questions about the Chromebooks and/or their use can be fielded at the website address below during this time. We urge you to reach out to your teacher for questions pertaining to learning and curriculum. Any other questions can be routed to the Help Desk and a support person will get back to you as soon as possible.
For tech support about devices that aren't working or that are damaged, go to the Help Desk: https://ithelpdesk.cvsdvt.org
- Comcast Internet Essentials
- Connectivity Resources to Support Families During COVID-19 (Cable, Telephone, and Mobile Carriers)
- Public Wifi Hotspots in Vermont
- CVSD Chromebook Information Flyer
- Guidelines for Families Around Online Meetings with Students (updated Aug. 2020)
- CVSD Digital Learning Site
- COVID-19 Tips and Resources
Digital Citizenship Resources:
- Common Sense Media (ratings, reviews, tips, common topics for parents, guides, how-to)
- Common Sense Media Plus ($3/month, $30/year - access to more resources)
- Resources for Families During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Resources for Family Engagement (family activities, media agreements, discussion guides)
Setting Up Parental Controls for Internet at Home:Whether it's allowing use only during certain times of the day or determining sites to block, these controls work best when used openly and honestly with the family to support critical and thoughtful conversations.
Common Sense Media's Parents' Ultimate Guide to Parental Controls: Do you need parental controls? What are the options? Do they really work? (Ver en español)
- Parent Trapped Podcast: "The coronavirus pandemic has turned our lives upside down. Parent Trapped is here to help. Each week, host Ann Marie Baldonado checks in with authors, educators, and celebrities to bring you real-world stories and tips. You'll hear from experts and listeners on everything from juggling work and school with kids at home to awesome pillow fort designs and great family movies. Common Sense created Parent Trapped to capture parents' candid stories and moments when reality meets (comic) relief. Because, let's face it: Raising kids in quarantine is a challenge none of us saw coming." Also available on Spotify.
- Family Online Safety Institute (FOSI)
- Digital Wellbeing Guidelines for Parents
- Family Conversation Guide