Create a Parent Portal Account and Link Students to Account
Note: Please contact your school for assistance if your student is CURRENTLY enrolled and...
- NOT linked to your parent portal account or,
- You do not have a parent portal account letter with the initial login and password information
Step 1. Find the link to the Student and Parent Portal on the District's webpage
Using your preferred Internet browser (Google Chrome is recommended), navigate to the District's PowerSchool Parent Portal by clicking the link located on the Champlain Valley School District's home page: https://www.cvsdvt.org/ or on your school's homepage.
Step 2. Choose Create Account
Click the "Create Account" tab then click the "Create Account" button.
Step 3. (Parent/Caregiver Information)
Fill in the "Parent Account Details" section with your name, email address, a username of your choice, and a password (then re-enter the password). The password you create must:
- Be at least 8 characters long
- Contain at last one uppercase and one lowercase letter
- Contain at least one letter and one number
- Contain at least one special character (E.g., #%&)
Step 4. (Student Information)
In the "Link Students to Account" section, enter your student’s first and last name, the Access ID and Access Password found at the bottom of the "New Student Registration Instructions for the Champlain Valley School District" letter, and your relationship to the student. More than one student can be linked to this account. If there are multiple students to be linked, continue adding to the "Link Students to Account" section.
- IMPORTANT NOTE FOR NEW STUDENTS: The Access ID and Access Password can be found at the very bottom of the welcome email with instructions to complete the New Student Registration that is sent when the pre-registration form has been approved.
- IMPORTANT NOTE FOR CURRENTLY ENROLLED STUDENTS: You should have received a letter in the mail with initial login information and the access ID.
Step 5. Click Enter
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Enter" button.
Step 6. Check Your Email
You will be brought to the Sign In page and asked to check your email for a link to verify your account. If you don't see the email, check your spam folder.
Step 7. Verify Your Email Account
Open the email from CVSD PowerSchool called PowerSchool Account Email Verification and click the link.
NEED IMAGE HERE?
Step 8. Sign In
Sign in to your PowerSchool portal account using the username and password created in Step 3. (Parent/Caregiver Information)
NEED IMAGE HERE?