- The school day begins at 8:10am. Students who arrive to school after 8:10am must check in tardy in the main office.
- The school day ends at 2:55pm. Students riding buses or attending Part 2 will be released at that time. Car riders, bike riders, and walkers will be released once all buses have exited the circle.
- Early Dismissal Tuesday (Teacher Professional Development), dismissal is at 1:55pm. Students riding buses or attending Part 2 will be released at that time. Car riders, bike riders, and walkers will be released once all buses have exited the circle.
Arriving at School Early: 7:30am- 8:00am
- The building is open at 7:30am. If your child is dropped off before 7:55am, the student must report to the School Street lobby, cafeteria, or the main office lobby - these are the designated waiting areas for K-8 students.
- Breakfast is available in the cafeteria for all students from 7:30am to 8:00am.
- Students may go to their classroom between 7:55am-8:10am.
Students will be marked tardy at 8:10am.
- If your child arrives to school later than 8:10am they are considered late. They must report to the main office to sign in, and get a late pass from Esther or Jen so the teacher can admit them to class.
- The arrival announcements start at 8:10am.
End of the School - Procedure for changing a student’s dismissal arrangement
- The end of the day can be very hectic. If your child needs to be released early from school, or you need to make a change to their typical departure plan, make sure you send a note into the main office at the start of the school day. Please no calls after 1:45pm (by 12:45 on Tuesdays). The note should contain the following information:
- Full name of child
- Full name of parent
- Teacher's name
- Reason for the change in student’s dismissal arrangement
Absence from School:
- When it is necessary for your child to miss school for any reason, please call the school at 985.3331, ext. 101 before 7:30am to report the absence. The school practice is to call home in the event of an unexplained absence in order to ensure the safety of the children.